Gluten-free tropical breakfast tarts
What do you need:
For 2 breakfast tarts:
For the bottoms:
- 80 g almond flour
- 25 g coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Greensweet Erythritol
- Pinch of sea salt
For the filling:
- 500 g (lactose-free) yogurt or cottage cheese
- 25 g of Greensweet Erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 sheets of gelatin or 2 g of agar agar
For the topping:
- 30 g cashew nuts - soaked in warm water
- 30 g of dried mango - I used Hofman's mango
- 1 tbsp coconut grater
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
This is how you make it:
- Cover the bottom of the spring molds with baking paper and grease the edges with some coconut oil.
- Put all the ingredients for the bottoms in a mixing bowl and knead into a whole. Divide the dough between the bottoms of the spring forms and push with the fingertips. Make the fingertips if necessary. wet with cold water to create a nice, even soil.
- Slide the tarts into the fridge and in the meantime get started making the filling.
- Put the yogurt, erythritol and vanilla in a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Do you use gelatin? Let the gelatine leaves loose in a bath of cold water. Once these are limp you can squeeze them out. Heat them while stirring in a pan with a few tablespoons of water. Once the gelatin has dissolved you can remove the pan from the heat. Add the yogurt mixture while beating with a whisk to prevent lumps. Then proceed to step 7.
- Do you use agar agar? Boil the agar agar in a little water. In the meantime, keep stirring well. Add the yogurt mixture and cook for about 2 minutes, while stirring well. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Divide the yogurt mixture over the bottom and slide the tarts into the fridge for about two hours so that the filling can stiffen well.
- In the meantime, get started with the tropical crumble. Oh My, what a party this is! Grind all ingredients to a rough crumble that sticks a little. Is the crumble too dry? Then add some extra coconut milk. Is the crumble too wet? Then add some extra coconut grater. Put the crumble in the fridge for a while so that the flavors can stand out even more.
- Divide the crumble over the tarts and serve the tarts with a big smile. Enjoy it with a coconut with a straw in your left hand, a tropical cake in your right hand and an inflatable crocodile at your feet. This is a party!