Gingerbread galette with apple
What do you need:
- 80 grams of Greensweet Brown,
- 160 grams of vegetable butter (wayang, packet and at room temperature),
- 250 grams of spelled flour,
- 1 tbsp broken linseed + 3 tbsp water (mix in a bowl and soak for 10 minutes),
- pinch of Himalayan salt,
- 10 grams of gingerbread spices
- 6-8 Greensweet liquid vanilla (to taste) .
- 3 apples (600 grams diced),
- 1 teaspoon of gingerbread spices,
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon,
- juice of a ½ lemon,
- 2 tbsp oatmeal,
- 10-12 tbsp pear sauce *,
- ½ tbsp almond milk and some almond shavings.
* Pear sauce: 700 grams of pears (peeled and diced), 2 nectarines (peeled and pitted). All in a saucepan with a splash of water. Bring to a boil. When it is soft, drain excess and purée. You're left with pear sauce!
This is how you make it:
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Place the Greensweet brown, spelled flour, gingerbread spices and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
Take the wayang butter and cut into small pieces. Add this to the flour along with the broken flaxseed paste and the Greensweet liquid stevia vanilla. Knead a dough ball with your hands.
Wrap the dough ball in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
In the meantime, get started with your apple mixture. Wash the apples and cut into 4 parts. Remove the core and cut into small cubes. Mix the gingerbread spices and cinnamon over the apple and toss well. Mix 10-12 tbsp pear sauce into the apple mixture.
Do you also want to add nuts? Do this now.
Take your dough ball out of the refrigerator and press the baking sheet into a large circle. Your dough can be 1 to 2 cm thick. In the middle you put your apple mixture down. Make sure you have enough space to fold the dough inwards.
Brush the edges with some almond milk and sprinkle with some almonds. Put your cake in the oven and after about 25-30 minutes your cake is ready.
Let the cake cool for at least 20 minutes. When you let the cake cool completely and keep it in the fridge, your bottom is nice and firm.
Source / photo: Manon of Vegan Flavors (@veganflavours via instagram)