Rye gingerbread with mixed nuts
What do you need for 12 slices:
- 200 grams of rye flour,
- 100 grams of brown rice flour,
- 125 grams of black mulberries,
- 200 ml of hot water,
- 3 teaspoon pumpkin spice,
- 3 tbsp broken linseed + 9 tbsp warm water (let it soak for 20 minutes),
- 100 ml almond milk,
- 3 teaspoon of tartar baking powder,
- 10 grams of Greensweet Brown (or more if you want it sweeter),
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 75 grams of (chopped) mixed nuts (I had 25 grams of pecan, 25 grams of cashew and 25 grams of walnuts)
How to make this delicious gingerbread:
Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and grease the cake tin with some coconut oil.
Put the mulberries together with 200 ml of water in the blender or food processor and ensure an even emulsion.
You put all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Mix this well together.
Stir the wet ingredients into the flour and mix well.
When the flour is well absorbed by the moisture, scoop the chopped mixed nuts into the batter.
Taste if you like the batter so much. Optionally add some Green Sweet Brown.
Spoon the batter into the greased cake tin and put the tin in the oven.
After about 50-60 minutes, your rye gingerbread is ready. Check with a skewer whether it comes out dry. Every oven is different, maybe your bread will be ready sooner or later.
Let it cool for 10 minutes. Then remove the cake from the tin and let it cool further.
Cut your gingerbread into 12 slices and serve with a delicious dot of coconut cream, coconut butter or peanut butter.
Source / photo: Vegan Flavors