Meukvrij Atjar Tjampoer
You need this: (for two large jars full)
- 180 grams of bamboo shoots, cut into very small pieces
- 1 small sweet potato, washed and chopped, cut into thin slices
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cauliflower florets, finely cut
- 2 broccoli florets, finely chopped
- the stalks and herb of a fennel, cut into small pieces (or a piece of fennel)
- 100 ml of nature or rice vinegar
- 200 ml of water
- 2 tablespoons of turmeric
- a pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of curry masala
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons of Greensweet Extra Sweet
- 2 tablespoons of Greensweet Erythritol
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot + 2 tablespoons or more water
This is how you make it:
Put the water, vinegar, chopped vegetables and herbs and spices, and the stevia in a pan, and bring to a boil, while stirring frequently. Meanwhile, make a paste of the arrowroot and the water. Once the vegetables have become al dente (average 10 minutes cooking time) add the paste in one go and stir well. Finally add the bamboo shoots and stir firmly. Fill the pots with the Atjar and let cool.
When the Atjar has cooled down you can start to taste it. If you still find the taste too faint, you can add some extra herbs, spices and erythritol.
You get two large pots from this recipe. Preferably use preserving jars, which are easy to seal. You can then store the pots in the refrigerator for about two weeks.