Chocolate soft cakes with strawberry filling (vegan)
You need this:
For the cakes
- 450 grams of oatmeal flour (grinding oatmeal in the blender into flour)
- 2 large tablespoons of Greensweet-stevia Extra Sweet or 4 tablespoons of Greensweet-stevia erythritol
- hot water
- 10 grams (tartar) baking powder
For the filling:
- 250 grams of fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons Greensweet jelly crystal + 2 tablespoons Greensweet stevia Extra Sweet
For the topping:
- 125 ml of pure coconut oil (for example Royal Green or Cocowonder)
- 1 tablespoon greensweet-stevia Extra Sweet
- 3 large tablespoons of organic skimmed cocoa powder
This is how you make it:
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Mix all the ingredients for the cakes in a bowl and add some water until the mass is smooth. Fill the molds with the batter and fry the cakes in the middle of the oven until done in about 30 minutes, keep checking thoroughly. Allow to cool. Cut the cakes carefully through the middle after cooling.
Meanwhile, make the jam: put all the ingredients in a pan with a thick bottom, and heat the mass on high heat while stirring. Put the stick mixer in the pan, and puree everything. Spread some strawberry jam on the bottom of a cake, and carefully press the top part.
Stir the cocoa and greensweet extra sweet through the melted oil and let it stand for about 5-8 minutes while stirring occasionally. As soon as the mass starts to solidify, always carefully take a cake through the mass.
TIP: use latex-free disposable gloves, because your fingers become pretty "dirty" but you can of course also clean them after the job Dry.
You can sprinkle plenty of treats on the chocolate layer to make the cakes extra tasty and luxurious, such as:
- coconut grater or chips
- almond shavings
- pieces of tropical fruit
- cocoa beans
- finely chopped nuts
- sesame seeds
Source / photos: Monique van der Vloed