Chocolate soft cakes with strawberry filling (vegan)
You need this:
For the cupcakes
- 450 grams oat flour (ground oats in a blender into flour)
- 2 heaping tablespoons of Greensweet-stevia Extra Sweet or 4 tablespoons of Greensweet-stevia erythritol
- hot water
- 10 grams (tartar) baking powder
For the filling:
- 250 grams of fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons Greensweet jelly crystal + 2 tablespoons Greensweet stevia Extra Sweet
For the topping:
- 125 ml melted pure coconut oil (for example Royal Green)
- 1 tablespoon greensweet stevia Extra Sweet
- 3 heaping tablespoons of organic low-fat cocoa powder
This is how you make it:
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Mix all the ingredients for the cakes in a bowl and add a little water at a time until the mixture is smooth. Fill the molds with the batter and bake the cakes in the middle of the oven for about 30 minutes, keep checking in between. Let cool. After cooling, carefully cut the cakes in half.
Meanwhile, make the jam: place all ingredients in a heavy-bottomed pan and heat the mixture over high heat while stirring continuously. Place the immersion blender in the pan and puree everything fine. Spread some strawberry jam on the bottom part of a cake and gently press the top part on top.
Stir the cocoa and greensweet extra sweet into the melted oil and let it stand, stirring occasionally, for about 5-8 minutes. As soon as the mass starts to solidify again, carefully pass a cake through the mass.
TIP: use latex-free disposable gloves, because your fingers get quite "dirty" but you can of course also lick them off after the job. Let it dry.
You can sprinkle many other goodies on the chocolate layer to make the cakes extra tasty and luxurious, such as:
- coconut grater or shreds
- slivered almonds
- pieces of dried fruits
- cocoa nibs
- finely chopped nuts
- sesame seeds
Source/photos: Monique van der Vloed