Cheesecake with plum coulis
Springform 18 cm
For the bottom:
- 30 g coconut oil
- 50 g (gluten-free) oatmeal
- 50 g almond flour or tiger nut flour
- 5 Medjoul dates *
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
For the filling:
- 500 g Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
- 1 egg**
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour or cornflour
- 30 g of Greensweet syrup gold
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 lemon
For the coulis:
- 200 g of plums
- 1 tbsp Greensweet Stevia jelly sugar
* Prefer no dates or do you prefer low carbohydrate? Replace the dates with 30 grams of Greensweet syrup gold. See if the dough is sticky enough, add a splash of water if necessary.
** Egg free or vegan? Replace the egg by adding an extra tablespoon of tapioca flour or cornflour.
This is how you make this delicious cake:
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees (hot air). Cover the bottom of the spring form with baking paper and grease the edges.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan. Seed the soft dates in advance.
- Crush the soft dates with the coconut oil and the ingredients for the soil with a food processor. Eventually a smooth dough will appear. It's true that the dough sticks, that's good.
- Divide the dough over the bottom of the spring form and push it with the convex side of a wet spoon so that an even bottom will appear.
- Bake the bottom for about 10 to 13 minutes golden brown in the oven, let the bottom cool outside the oven.
- Continue with the filling. Mix the ingredients for the filling apart from the lemon into a smooth batter. Make sure there are no more lumps in it. Grate half the lemon and add the grater and juice. Taste for a while and add some syrup gold to taste. Pour the batter into the form.
- Place an oven-proof dish on the bottom of the oven and fill it with water. This will make the cheesecake tear less quickly during the baking process.
- Put the cheesecake in the oven for at least an hour. Is it not strong enough after an hour? Then simply leave it in the oven until it is strong enough. Note, the cheesecake still hardens in the fridge.
- Now comes the hardest part .. Waiting! Put the cheesecake in the fridge for at least a day or a night.
- Meanwhile, wash and pitted the plums. Cook the plum pieces in a pan with a few tablespoons of water. Add the Greensweet jelly crystal and let the plums simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and prick the plums a little so that they form a coherent whole.
- Allow the coulis to cool and pour over the cheesecake as soon as it is firm enough. Cut the cheesecake and enjoy!
Save tip! You can keep the cake sealed in the fridge for 3 days. You can also freeze the cake by point so that you can enjoy a nutritious and tasty breakfast at any time!