A delicious rhubarb dessert with cream, incredibly easy to make. With fifteen minutes of your time and a few ingredients you can make a delicious dessert.
Rhubarb dessert with cream (sweet rhubarb soup)
What do you need:
450 g rhubarb 9 khd
5 cm fresh ginger
grater of a small lime
400 ml of water
pinch of salt
200 gr strawberries 10 khd
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt 1.6 khd
1 tbsp thick coconut milk 0.24 khd
TOPPING, SEE BELOW
This is how you make it:
- Clean the rhubarb and cut the stems into 4 cm pieces.
- Grate the ginger and the zest of the lime. I use a piece of frozen ginger. Just a piece of peeling and grating what you need the rest goes back into the freezer. Ideal!
- Cook the rhubarb together with the grated ginger, lime zest, a pinch of salt and the Greensweet jelly sugar until tender in a bottom of water. About 6-7 minutes, then the rhubarb starts to fall apart.
- Remove the crowns from the strawberries. Puree them together with the rhubarb with blender. Taste and add more sweetener as desired.
- Mix the yogurt with the coconut milk. Pour into small bowls and garnish with Greek yoghurt-coconut cream and sprinkle with a topping as below. For other tips, see the text. Both hot and (ice) cold tasty!
- Topping: mix pumpkin seeds with some coconut grater and hemp seed.
- NB: I use Greensweet jelly sugar (with agar-agar), which also binds.