Stuffed speculaas à la Christel
What do you need: For 12 pers.
For the speculaas:
- 100 Gr. Brown almonds
- 10 medjool criminals pitted
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (room temperature)
- 10 drops of Greensweet liquid stevia cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoon clove powder (you can also grind yourself)
- 100 Gr. Wholemeal spelled flour
- 0.5 teaspoon of backing soda
For the food:
- 100 Gr. White almonds
- 6 medjool criminals pitted and de-grounded
- the grated skin of half a biological lemon
- a few drops of almond essence to taste
This is how you make it:
Grind the brown almonds in a food processor into almond flour with coarse grain. Add the dates, coconut oil, stevia, cinnamon, ginger and cloves and mix into a sticky dough. Meanwhile, mix the flour with the baking soda. Put the dough in a bowl and add the spelled flour with baking soda while kneading (with the hands). Knead until the dough no longer sticks to your hands and form a ball. Wrap it in cling film and place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
Then remove the dough from the refrigerator and preheat the oven to 170 C '
Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and make equal slices of about 15 X 9 and 2 cm thick. Place this on baking paper on a baking tray. Bake the slices in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, grind the white almonds in the food processor into a fine almond flour. Add the dates, the lemon zest and the essence and form an equal slice of this food.
Remove the two slices from the oven and place the food on a slice and then stick the other speculaas on the food. (Careful because this can break quickly) If necessary, decorate with white almonds by pressing them into the speculaas.
Lower the temperature to 150 C 'and bake the gingerbread for another 10 minutes in the oven or until well browned. Then let it cool down and your delicious evening is ready!