What do you need:
- 100 grams of vegetable margarine (coconut) oil is also possible,
- 75 grams of Greensweet Sweet Vanilla ,
- 200 grams of spelled flour,
- 1 teaspoon of tartar baking powder,
- 200 ml almond milk,
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar.
This is how you make it:
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line the bottom of your cake tin or cake pan with baking paper. Grease the edges and sprinkle some flour on top.
Do you work with the vegetable margarine? Then put it in a large bowl with the Greensweet Sweet vanilla. Mix these with the (hand) mixer until creamy.
Add the spelled flour and tartar baking powder to the butter and mix well. Then you add the almond milk little by little. Keep mixing until you have an even batter.
In a separate bowl, make an effervescent mixture of the baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Pour this directly into the batter and stir carefully or mix with it.
Spoon the batter into your mold and put in the oven for 30-35 minutes. When your skewer comes out of the oven clean and dry, your vegan vanilla cake is ready.
Let the cake cool down for 10 minutes before removing it from the mold. Then let it cool down further. Then cut it into the desired pieces / slices. Possibly finish with a vegan frosting:
What do you need for this frosting:
- 125 grams of Greensweet icing,
- 75 grams of vegetable butter *,
- 1 tbsp vegetable milk and
- optionally 1 tbsp vegetable coloring **.
* I used Becel's butter with almond and coconut oil. Vegetable butter such as Wajang or the thick layer of canned coconut cream is also possible.
** at the health food store they sell vegetable coloring (powder form), but if you have beet powder at home or spirulina, blue majik, wild blueberry powder or cocoa you can already make many colors.
This is how you make it:
Put the butter in a bowl and sieve the Greensweet icing. Add 1 tbsp vegetable milk and stir well. A buttercream is formed.
Do you want to color your buttercream? Now add 1 tbsp colored powder through the cream and mix well together.
Spread your vegan vanilla cake with your colored buttercream and top it off with vegan speckles, nuts, dried or fresh fruit.
* Do you work with coconut oil? Then melt the coconut oil in a saucepan. Add all the dry ingredients except the baking soda in a bowl and mix together. Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl (with the exception of the apple cider vinegar). Then add the wet mixture to the flour and mix well. At the end, carefully scoop the sparkling paste into the batter.
Source / photo: Manon de Wit (@veganfavours via instagram)