Black beans with carrot in tomato sauce
What do you need (2 servings)
- 200 grams of black beans (boiled, rinsed),
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes (or diced tomatoes),
- 1 tbsp tomato paste, pinch of chili flakes,
- 1 carrot (grated),
- 1 clove of garlic (finely pressed),
- 1 tbsp greensweet syrup gold,
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: 1/2 tbsp cornflour or arrowroot
This is how you make this delicious recipe:
Grab a large pan and put some water or (coconut) oil in it. When the pan is warm, add the garlic and grated carrot.
Add the black beans, canned peeled tomatoes, tomato paste, and chili flakes to the pan. Stir well and let it simmer for a minute or 10-15 minutes. Is the sauce too thin? Then add 1/2 tbsp cornflour or arrowroot.
Add 1 tbsp greensweet syrup gold to the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
Fill your wrap with this mixture and add some (field) lettuce
Also delicious with some (coconut) rice….
Source / photo: Manon from Vegan Flavors ( @veganflavours via instagram)