Black beans with carrot in tomato sauce
What do you need (2 servings)
- 200 grams black beans (cooked, rinsed),
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes (or diced tomatoes),
- 1 tbsp tomato puree, pinch of chili flakes,
- 1 carrot (grated),
- 1 clove garlic (finely pressed),
- 1 tbsp greensweet syrup gold
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: 1/2 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot
How to make this delicious recipe:
Take a large pan and put some water or (coconut) oil in it. When the pan is hot, add the garlic and grated carrot.
Add the black beans, canned peeled tomatoes, tomato paste and chili flakes to the pan. Stir well and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Is the sauce too thin? Then add 1/2 tbsp cornflour or arrowroot.
Stir 1 tbsp greensweet syrup gold into the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
Fill your wrap with this mixture and add some (field) lettuce
Also delicious with some (coconut) rice….
Source/photo: Manon de Wit