Halloween balls or burgers
What do you need:
- 500 grams of pumpkin (raw, peeled and grated),
- 1 red onion (roughly chopped),
- 1 clove of garlic (roughly chopped),
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder,
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper,
- 1 tbsp Greensweet syrup gold,
- 2 teaspoon paprika powder,
- 250 grams of black beans,
- 25 grams pumpkin seeds (roasted),
- 1 tbsp broken linseed + 3 tbsp water (mix and set aside for 10 minutes),
- salt and pepper to taste.
This is how you make it:
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a baking tin with baking paper.
Place the grated pumpkin in the food processor along with the onion, garlic and black beans. Turn on the food processor. It doesn't have to be finely ground.
Add the crushed linseed paste, greensweet syrup gold and the spices and mix well. Taste if it is that way. Otherwise add some spices, greensweet syrup gold and finish with salt and pepper.
Finally add the roasted pumpkin seeds. If the mixture is too wet, you can add some more oatmeal.
Make 4 giant burgers or 8 smaller ones. I myself played 16 balls and made 3 burgers. Place them on the lined baking tray and put in the oven for 30 minutes. Turn over after 15 minutes.
You can eat these balls / burgers as a snack, but also lend themselves well to a hamburger, salad or fill your wrap or taco shells with these pumpkin balls.
Source / photo: Manon from Vegan Flavors