Pumpkin cake with cashew frosting
What do you need:
- 130 grams of coconut cream (santen),
- 120 grams of pumpkin puree,
- 1 broken linseed egg (1 tbsp broken linseed + 3 tbsp water),
- 2 tbsp Greensweet Brown
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- a pinch of Himalayan salt.
- 200 grams of cashew nuts (soak in water for at least 4 hours),
- 100 ml coconut milk (or another vegetable milk),
- 2 tbsp Greensweet Syrup Gold,
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- a few drops of Greensweet liquid stevia Vanilla (to taste, I used 6 drops).
This is how you make it:
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Line a pie tin with parchment paper or grease with vegetable butter and dust it with some flour.
Put the coconut cream together with the pumpkin puree in the food processor and turn on. If it is an even substance, turn off the food processor.
Pour the puree into a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
Pour the batter into the cake tin and put it in the oven for about 40-45 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the frosting. Put the soaked cashew nuts in the food processor together with the vegetable milk. Turn on and when it is finely ground, it is ready.
Transfer the frosting to a clean bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
Has the cake cooled down properly? Then spread 2-3 tbsp frosting on top of the pie. Finish with some pecan or walnuts. The cake is best stored in the refrigerator because of the frosting.
Source / photo: Manon de Wit