Vegan strawberry cheesecake
What do you need:
- 90 grams of dates,
- grate ½ lemon,
- 100 ml of water (or slightly less / more),
- 75 grams of oatmeal,
- 75 grams of oatmeal flour
- a pinch of salt.
- 750 ml unsweetened soy yogurt,
- 200 grams of (frozen) strawberries,
- 100 ml Greensweet syrup gold,
- 4 grams of agar agar + splash of water.
fresh strawberries (also delicious with dark chocolate).
How to make this delicious cheesecake:
- Turn the oven on to 180 degrees and take an 18 cm cake pan. Cover the bottom with baking paper and grease the edges with some (coconut) oil or use baking paper for the edges.
- Put the dates together with the flour in the food processor and grind finely.
- Add the oatmeal, lemon zest, and salt, and the water will add you dash by dash.
- If you get a tacky whole, then it's done. It should not be too dry (add more water), but certainly not too wet (otherwise add some oatmeal (flour)).
- Press the batter into the cake tin and put it in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
- If the food processor is clean, you can add the soy yogurt and strawberries. Turn on and when you have a smoothie, gradually add the Greensweet syrup gold. Taste regularly if it is YOUR taste.
- Take a (saucepan) pan in which you add a splash of water along with the agar agar. Stir well and put on high heat. When it starts to bubble, add the strawberry smoothie.
- Stir well and bring to the boil.
- * Grab your pie crust and pour the warm smoothie on the pie crust. Put in the fridge and allow to set for at least 3 hours (or overnight). * In step 9 you can also halve fresh strawberries before you pour the smoothie on the bottom. Place this with the flat side against the wall of the cake pan. Then pour in the smoothie. When you take the cake out of the spring form, you have a beautiful decoration of strawberries against the edge.
- Decorate the cake with eg fresh strawberries and some grated dark chocolate.
- Cut the cake into 8 or 12 pieces and don't forget to enjoy!
Source / photo: Manon from Vegan Flavors