A delicious recipe from Sandra Kemna that is totally Weight watchers proof. She has incorporated this into Greensweet Brown
Well-stuffed tomato soup a la Sandra from the slow cooker
What do you need: (For 12 big bowls of soup, 3 points per person)
- 1.5 liters of water
- 600 grams of beef soup meat
- 500 grams of lean minced beef (add some herbs and turn soup balls from)
- 1 pack of strained tomatoes (500 grams)
- 1 small tin of tomato paste
- 1 jar of roasted peppers (360 grams, small cut)
- 4 stalks of celery (cut)
- 500 grams of winter carrot, (cut into thin slices)
- 5 tomatoes (diced)
- 2 thin stalks of leek (cut into half rings)
- 2 onions (coarsely chopped)
- 2 red onions (coarsely chopped)
- 2 red peppers (desiccated and small cut)
- 5 cloves of garlic (cut into slices)
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme (in herb-bulb together with the bay leaves)
- 4 bay leaves (in spice-bulb, together with the thyme)
- 30 grams of basil in oil
- 1 bag goulash meal mix spicy (Knorr)
- 30 ml balsamic vinegar
- 20 ml white wine vinegar
- 30 grams of Italian herbs (dried)
- 7.5 grams of smoked paprika
- 30 grams Greensweet Stevia Brown
- 2 vegetable stock cubes (crumbled)
- 2 beef broth cubes (crumbled)
- 1 lime (grater and juice)
- black pepper and salt from the mill (to taste)
This is how you make it:
- Put the onions and the pepper in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Distribute the meat on top of it.
- Then add the tomato puree, lime juice and grater, Greensweet Stevia Brown , Italian herbs, smoked paprika, garlic, basil paste, balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, stock cubes and goulash mix.
- Add the water and sifted tomatoes.
- Add the carrot and celery.
- On top of that comes the tomato, leeks and grilled peppers.
- Put the herb bulb in between.
- Set the slow cooker to low for 12 hours.
- After 10 hours add the balls and let the last 2 hours simmer on low.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Enjoy your meal! (This dish is made in a 6 liter Crockpot.) If you have a smaller slow cooker, adjust the ingredients.
Source / photos: Sandra Kemna