Making mustard is not difficult. What am I saying? It's a breeze. It is best to store your homemade mustard in a sealable clean glass jar in the fridge on the top shelf or where the other sauces are stored. It stays tasty for about two weeks, after which the quality and taste decreases. This very simple recipe makes a delicious mustard!
You need this:
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard powder (see above)
- 200 ml organic natural vinegar
- a tablespoon of turmeric/pepper mix (mix together)
- two tablespoons cumin powder
- a teaspoon of Greensweet Extra Sweet
- a pinch of celtic sea salt
- one and a half tablespoons of potato starch
This is how you make it:
Stir all ingredients vigorously until desired consistency is achieved. Want it a little thicker? Then add some extra potato starch.
Source/photo: Monique van der Vloed