Pink Zebra Cake
What do you need: for 6-8 pieces of cake
- 40 grams of coconut flour,
- 2 tbsp grated coconut,
- 75 grams of spelled flakes,
- 75 ml coconut milk (light, canned),
- 2 tbsp agave syrup,
- 35 grams pistachios (finely chopped),
- 25 grams of dried cranberries,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla,
- juice of ½ lemon,
- zest of ½ lemon and a pinch of salt.
- 1 cup of coconut yogurt (400 ml),
- 1 cup coconut yogurt / raspberries (400 ml),
- 1 teaspoon Greensweet Extra Sweet
- 2x 3 grams of agar and 2x 100 ml of water.
- Optionally 4 bags of whisk fix (Bio Vegan, Ekoplaza) to make an airy filling.
This is how you make it:
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and line a cake tin (18 cm) with baking paper and grease the edges with some coconut oil.
Put all the ingredients for the bottom in a bowl and mix well.
Spoon the mixture onto the pie crust and press well. Put the bottom in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
Grab two saucepans. In each pan you put 3 grams of agar-agar with 100 ml of water. Bring to a boil while whisking well with the whisk. Let the agar-agar boil for 2 minutes.
Add the coconut yogurt + 1 teaspoon of Greensweet extra sweet in one saucepan. Bring it to a boil again while continuing to stir. In the other saucepan you put the coconut-raspberry yogurt. Also keep stirring well.
Do you want a light filling? Then pour the yogurt mixture into a mixing bowl and add two bags of whisk fix. Now beat for more than 5 minutes to a light batter. So you do this twice.
Now you are going to pour the filling on the bottom. Do this alternately. First 3 tablespoons of white, then 3 tablespoons of pink. You repeat this until everything is gone.
Put the cake in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
Finish the cake with dried forest fruits and cut the cake into 6 or 8 pieces.
Source / photo: Manon de Wit (Vegan Flavor)