Summer strawberry cake
What do you need:
Ingredients for the pastry cream:
750 ml (vegetable) milk
7 egg yolks
+/- 60 grams of kuzu white or cornflour
1 vanilla pod
Ingredients for the shortcrust:
125 grams of soft grass butter
250 grams of flour or 125 grams of coconut flour
30 grams of almond flour
5 grams of vanilla powder
Pinch of salt
5 grams of baking powder
Ingredients for the finish:
Fresh strawberries, as much as you want.
How to make this delicious cake:
Preparation of the shortcrust:
- Stir the soft butter into a very soft cream. Add the vanilla powder and almond flour to the butter.
- Mix the Extra Sweet with the butter.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder and pour it on the work surface. Make a flower circle with it.
- Sprinkle the salt on the edge of the flour. Place the butter-stevia mixture in the center of the flower circle. Now slide the egg into the hole.
- Mix the flour with the butter-stevia mixture with your hands. Do not knead the dough, but make sure that all ingredients are well mixed together.
- Wrap the dough in foil and keep in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Spread a pie tin evenly with the dough.
- Put the cake tin in the fridge for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Place baking paper on the dough and bake the pie pan blind, with peas for about 20 minutes.
- Shake the peas immediately after baking, remove the baking paper and let the cake tin cool on a grid.
Preparation of the pastry cream:
- Split a vanilla pod and scrape out the marrow. Add this to the milk and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mix the egg yolks, stevia and the Kuzu / cornstarch with a whisk until you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour some boiling milk on top and stir well. Pour it back into the milk and bring the pudding to the boil again.
- Immediately pour the warm pudding into another bowl and place it in ice water. Stir so that no skin can form and the pudding cools immediately.
For the finish:
- Fill a pastry bag with the pastry cream and fill the cake with it.
- Wash the strawberries and dry them carefully. Cut them in half and place them on top of the cream of your choice.