Sweet chili sauce
Sweet chili sauce is a very popular sauce that is often eaten with a hot meal. Chilli sauce is also indispensable for an egg roll. Unfortunately, almost all variants contain a lot of sugar and artificial E numbers / flavor enhancers. You make chilli sauce very easily yourself. Within 5-10 minutes you already have a full bottle!
You need this:
- a small teaspoon sambal Oelek (organic store)
- a big toe fresh raw garlic, finely chopped
- two tablespoons of Greensweet Extra Sweet
- 30 ml of rice vinegar or natural vinegar
- 200 ml of water
- a half red pepper, cut into small pieces
- a tablespoon arrowroot
This is how you make it:
Put all ingredients, except the arrowroot, in a pan, and bring to the boil. Make a paste of the arrowroot with a little water. As soon as the masses boil, smooth out everything with the hand blender. Then add the arrowroot and keep stirring until the sauce has reached the desired thickness.
Pour everything into a glass bottle or jar and allow to cool. Store in the refrigerator.
Source / photo: Monique van der Vloed