Sweet chili sauce
Sweet chili sauce is a very popular sauce that is often eaten with a hot meal. Chili sauce is also indispensable over a spring roll. Unfortunately, almost all variants contain a lot of sugar and artificial E numbers / flavor enhancers. You can easily make chili sauce yourself. Within 5-10 minutes you already have a full bottle!
You need this:
- a small teaspoon of sambal Oelek (organic store)
- a large clove of fresh raw garlic, finely chopped
- two tablespoons of Greensweet Extra Sweet
- 30 ml rice vinegar or natural vinegar
- 200 ml of water
- half a red bell pepper, cut into small pieces
- a tablespoon of arrowroot
This is how you make it:
Place all ingredients, except the arrowroot, in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Make a paste of the arrowroot with a little bit of water. As soon as the mixture boils, puree everything until smooth with a stick blender. Then add the arrowroot and keep stirring until the sauce has reached the desired thickness.
Pour everything into a glass bottle or jar and let it cool. Store in the refrigerator.
Source/photo: Monique van der Vloed