Vegan Cassava cake
What do you need:
- 500 grams of cassava (peeled and grated),
- 150 grams (unsweetened) apple sauce,
- 25 grams of Greensweet Extra Sweet
- 30 grams egg ersatz + 120 ml water (mix well and leave to stand for a while),
- juice of 1 lime,
- grate of 1 lime,
- 200 ml coconut milk (from a can),
- 8 grams of Greensweet Icing,
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, 300 grams self-raising flour,
- 15 grams of tartar baking powder,
- pinch of salt
- 100 grams of black mulberries (or other dried fruit).
This is how you make it:
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and coat your cake tin with baking paper or grease with vegetable butter.
Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
You put the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir this well together.
Now pour the wet mixture into the flour and stir well. When the flour is well absorbed, you can add the black mulberries and grated cassava. Fold this through well.
Now fill your cake tin with the batter and put in the oven. The cake is in the oven for 1.5 hours.
Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. You can let the cake cool down after 10 minutes on a cake grid.
When the cake has cooled well, you can cut the cake.
Serve the cake with fresh fruit, fruit spread, nut butters or homemade coconut whipped cream.
Does the cake not go straight? Then put some loose slices in a freezer and put it in the freezer.
Source / photos: Vegan Flavors