New York Cheesecake
What do you need:
For one cake for 8 people
For the cranberry coulis:
- 1 orange
- 250 g of fresh cranberries
- 150 ml of water
- 100 g of Green Sweet Erythritol
- 1 cinnamon stick
For the bottom:
- 75 g almond flour
- 75 g roasted cashew nuts
- 1 egg
- 25 g Green Sweet Sweet vanilla
- A touch of Ceylon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
For the cheese cake layer:
- 800 g coconut yogurt **
- 40 g arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 50 g Green Sweet Sweet Vanilla
This is how you make this delicious cheesecake:
- Grate the zest of the orange and squeeze the juice.
- Put the cranberries together with the orange zest, orange juice, water, sweetener and cinnamon stick in a pan.
- Put the pan on the heat and let the cranberries simmer. In the meantime, stir regularly.
- The longer the cranberries cook, the more water will evaporate. As soon as all cranberries are weak, the sauce is ready.
- Taste for a moment if your coulis is flavored and let it cool down and in the meantime get started with the cheesecake.
For the cheese cake:
- Cover the baking pan with baking paper and grease the edges with coconut oil. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Finish the ingredients for the soil with a food processor until a firm dough ball is formed.
- Squeeze the dough ball onto the bottom of the spring form, possibly using the convex side of a cold spoon.
- Mix the ingredients for the cheese cake filling well so that no lumps can be seen anymore.
- Taste if your batter is tasty, if not add any extra sweetener.
- Pour the batter into the spring form and slide it into the oven for about 60 minutes. Don't forget to put a (oven) dish on the bottom of the oven with a layer of water. This ensures that the cheese cake will not eventually crack.
- After 60 minutes, turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool with the door of the oven ajar for about 60 minutes.
- Slide the cheesecake into the fridge for about two hours so that the filling can properly set. I often leave the cheesecake in the fridge overnight.
- Spread the coulis over the cheesecake as soon as the coulis has cooled and the cheesecake is stiff enough .