Summer strawberry cake
What do you need:
Ingredients for the pastry cream:
- 750 ml (vegetable) milk
- 7 egg yolks
- 15 grams of greensweet extra sweet
- +/- 60 grams kuzu white or cornflour
- 1 vanilla pod
Ingredients for the shortcrust pastry:
- 125 grams of tender grass butter
- 19 grams of greensweet extra sweet
- 1 egg
- 250 grams of flour or 125 grams of coconut flour
- 30 grams almond flour
- 5 grams vanilla powder
- Pinch of salt
- 5 grams baking powder
Ingredients for the finish:
- Fresh strawberries, as many as you want.
How to make this delicious cake:
Preparation of the shortcrust pastry:
- Stir the soft butter into a very soft cream. Add the vanilla powder and almond flour to the butter.
- Mix the Extra Sweet with the butter.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and pour it onto the work surface. Make a flower circle with it.
- Sprinkle the salt on the edge of the flour. Put the butter-stevia mixture in the center of the flower circle. Now slide the egg into the well.
- Mix the flour into the butter-stevia mixture with your hands. Do not knead the dough, but make sure that all ingredients are well mixed.
- Wrap the dough in foil and keep in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Line a pie pan evenly with the dough.
- Place the cake tin in the fridge for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Place baking paper on the dough and blind bake the pie with baking peas for about 20 minutes.
- Immediately after baking, shake out the baking peas, remove the baking paper and let the cake tin cool on a wire rack.
Preparation of the pastry cream:
- Split a vanilla pod and scrape out the marrow. Add this to the milk and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mix the egg yolks, stevia and Kuzu/cornflour with a whisk until you have a smooth mass.
- Pour some boiling milk on top and stir well. Pour the mixture back into the milk and bring the pudding back to the boil.
- Immediately transfer the warm pudding to another bowl and place in ice water. Stir so that no skin can form and the pudding cools immediately.
For the finish:
- Fill a piping bag with the pastry cream and fill the cake with it.
- Wash the strawberries and dry them carefully. Cut them in half and place them on top of the cream of your choice.