Granola with Greensweet Sweet Cinnamon
What do you need:
- 300 grams (gluten-free) oatmeal,
- 30 grams of pumpkin seeds,
- 125 grams of walnuts (or another nut),
- 30 grams chai seed,
- 65 grams of coconut flakes,
- pinch of Himalayan or sea salt,
- 12.5 grams Green Sweet Sweet cinnamon ,
- 2 tbsp Green Sweet Syrup Gold
- 100-150 ml (extra virgin) coconut oil (melted).
How to make the granola:
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line the baking tray with baking paper.
Grab a large bowl and add the oats, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, chai seeds, coconut flakes, Himalayan or sea salt and Sweet Cinnamon. Turn around well.
Add the Green Sweet Syrup Gold and the melted coconut oil to the oatmeal and mix well again. Taste to see if it tastes like that. Otherwise, add some Green Sweet Sweet Cinnamon.
Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until nicely browned. Turn every 5 minutes.
Remove the baking tray from the oven and let it cool. Transfer the granola to a large, tightly closed jar.
Delicious on its own or over your (coconut and soy) yogurt, decoration for a cake or for something else... My eldest daughter likes to spread a rice cracker with peanut butter with some homemade granola as a topping.
Source/photo: Manon de Wit