Rhubarb dessert with cream (sweet rhubarb soup)
What do you need:
- 450 grrhubarb9 khd
- 5 cm freshginger
- zest of a smalllime
- 400 ml ofwater
- pinch ofsalt
- 10 gr *Green Sweet jelly crystal
- 200 grstrawberries10 khd
- 2 tbspGreek yogurt1.6 khd
- 1 tbsp thickcoconut milk0.24 khd
- TOPPING, SEE BELOW
This is how you make it:
- Clean the rhubarb and cut the stems into 4 cm pieces.
- Grate the ginger and the zest of the lime. I use a piece of frozen ginger. Just peel and grate what you need, the rest goes back to the freezer. Ideal!
- Boil the rhubarb together with the grated ginger, lime zest, pinch of salt and the Green Sweet jelly sugar gently in a little bit of water. About 6-7 minutes, then the rhubarb will start to disintegrate.
- Remove the crowns from the strawberries. Puree them together with the rhubarb with a hand blender. Taste and add more sweetener to your liking.
- Mix the yogurt with the coconut milk. Pour into bowls and garnish with Greek yogurt coconut cream and sprinkle with topping as below. For other tips, see the text. Delicious hot as well as (ice) cold!
- Topping: mix pumpkin seeds with some grated coconut and hemp seeds.
- NB: I use Green Sweet jam sugar (with agar-agar), it also binds.